BOARD AND TRAIN
Our Board & Train involves an intimate understanding of your animal’s natural and individual history. Your dog has plenty of potential to learn and understand commands, and our techniques will lay the foundation for you to build upon. We combine your needs and wants with the natural attributes of your dog. It’s never too late to teach an old dog new tricks, and I believe it’s never too late to train any dog. Our services are designed with you and your pet in mind, and we believe in working as much with you as with your animal. We're proud of our high success rate and the level of satisfaction our clients, and their dogs, come away with every time. Our Board & Train Program is completely customizable to you and your pet's needs.
Enjoy the Dog you Want!
All of our programs are as much about behavior rehabilitation, as they are about obedience commands. So many dogs are great at obedience, but they cannot hold a command around basic distractions. So many dogs have great obedience, but they do not have a calm state of mind. It is so important for us and the dog, that we are able to work with the dog on these issues.
The biggest thing we will work on is having a calmer dog that listens better and is not reactive to all of the environmental stimulants around your home and in the world. With that starting theory, we are able then train your dog on the obedience commands that you are looking for. We look at dog training as a lifestyle and not a series of tricks, our training and rehab program becomes part of your lifestyle.
Here are just a FEW of the things that we work with your dog:
● Walking properly on a leash without pulling, barking, lunging, sniffing, or reacting to dogs and/or
● Place command
● Manners in public settings
● Correcting bad behaviors – jumping up on people, jumping on countertops, mouthing, nipping,
chasing, playing keep-away
● Recall training (with and without distractions)
● Separation Anxiety (some separation issues need a longer program)
● Heeling properly on leash and eliminating leash reactivity (some intense leash reactivity needs a
● Building confidence with your dog so you get a better off well mannered dog.
● Calm on Command training – having your dog be calm in all situations, without him/her having to be
worn out with hours of walking/play time
● Leadership skills with your dog so your dog understands proper pack order with humans, eliminating a
lot of pushy behavior dogs have. This is also great for nervous fearful dogs.
● Work with your dog on the anxiety and fear that is driving most unwanted behaviors
All Board & Train Packages are backed by LIFETIME TRAINING refreshers and include a FREE YEAR of Group Classes
Pricing averages $1000/week- Call for a customized quote (Evaluation will determine length of program)
Board & Train FAQ
1. What are the benefits of a B&T program? Our program will allow your dog to get an intensive jumpstart to their training. Because of the level of experience and education that we have, we are able to properly guide your dog to the behaviors that we want in a much faster way than you could at home. In addition, many of our clients opt for doing a B&T during a scheduled vacation so that way their dog isn’t being boarded in a kennel. Instead the dog is able to be freely boarded here without the stress of a kennel and get trained at the same time.
2. Where is the dog kept during their stay? All of our B&T dogs are kept in our home as part of our family. We will maintain the dog’s normal routine and house rules from their home.
3. How much training will my dog get? All day, Everyday! Every dog in our B&T program receives 4-6 structured training sessions per day in addition to leash manners on every potty break & general house rules/manners during the day as they interact with the household. Common things the dog will learn during general manners will be: respecting personal space of dogs and people, no jumping, playing nicely, no stealing food off the counter, staying off the furniture, waiting nicely for their meals, respecting door boundaries and not bolting, waiting nicely to have a leash put on, no chewing/destroying and more.
4. Wouldn’t my dog only listen to you and not me when it returns? No, we actually train for this. On the second part of our training program we start our generalization phase. This is the part where we start exposing the dog to many different people and having those other individuals handle the dog and give the dog commands. This will allow the dog to learn that the behavior/command is to be completed no matter who is handling him at the moment.
5. What will my dog learn during their stay with you? Our program is completely customizable to your dogs needs in your request. Prior to checking in a dog, we would have an intake session/evaluation where we will discuss your dog’s goals and current proficiency level. Our B&T is designed for “real life” scenarios and we will work on teaching the dog how to have the proper manners and obedience to have a happy and free life. If your dog has any behavioral issues, we will work on fixing those issues in addition to teaching general obedience including:
• Leave it
• Drop it
6. How will I know how to communicate with my dog once he’s done with
training? in addition to a full year of weekly lessons, You will receive a customized video folder with step-by-step instructions and guidance.
7. I’m worried about leaving my dog for so long. How do I know he’s doing ok? We provide regular written and video updates of the dog’s progress and sessions. In addition, we will have sessions scheduled with you and your dog while they are in Board & Train.
8. What kind of situations will my dog be exposed to? Anything and everything that we should expect to encounter in our normal day to day lives including: mailman/delivery, children, meeting strangers, meeting other dogs, going out into public, yard equipment, vacuum cleaners, strangers visiting the house, visitors with pets, riding in the car, going into a vet office and many more.
We hope this answered some of your questions, but feel free to give us a call with any and all questions you have. Our goal is to provide as much transparency as possible to make you feel as comfortable as we can while we take care of and train your dog.